We realize you’ve probably waited with great anticipation for your order to come in and we know how frustrating and disappointing it is to have to send it back because of damage so we try to make sure that everything is packaged securely. However, things do happen and we have found several things that will help expedite the replacement of your cage, rack, or other product but they must be followed EXACTLY for the shipping company to approve the claim and for us to be able to replace your order. This has nothing to do with animal shipments. SOLELY products!
We were surprised to find out that some cage manufacturers will make you handle the claims process. We won’t do that to you because believe me, it’s extremely frustrating to stay on the phone for 3-4 hours at a time and have them give you every excuse possible for why they don’t want to pay the claim. Yes, you read that correctly, 3 + hours and doing that several times can be what it takes to get an approval, but we will handle the entire process for you but it does take time.
We take great care when packaging your order but sometimes things do happen and in order to rectify this as quickly as possible we need your cooperation.
***Without following these instructions exactly, any and all claims and responsibilities are null and void.***
1. Upon arrival, before opening the package, check the exterior for any visible damage. If you see any STOP!! Take numerous pictures from different angles showing the damage to the box and call us immediately before proceeding to open your package. Call 603-475-3060.
2. If you are given the go ahead to open the package make sure to take several pictures as you are opening the package as well, (so they can’t try to say it wasn’t packaged correctly). Do NOT throw away any packaging material OR the box.
3. Upon removal of the product carefully inspect it for any damage. If you see any, again take numerous pictures from different angles and call us immediately!!
With the freight company we usually do not have any issues because they really take good care of the package from start to finish. However, that is not always the case with other companies and for them to honor a damage claim there are several things they will require you to do.
1. Submit as many pictures as possible of the outside of the package (even if you don’t see any damage, but do find some on the product once you’ve opened the package). You must email them to firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours of receiving the package, the companies do have a time limit and we don’t want to give them any reason to not pay the claim.
2. Put the product back into the package using all the packaging material it came with and using the exact same box, trying to package it as closely as possible to how you received it will help. Make sure it is closed and sealed properly.
3. You will need to contact the shipping company for a pick up. YOU must do this to arrange a convenient time. They will pick up the package and it will be sent for inspection. This can take a minimum of 5-10 business days.
4. Once we have received the replacement check from them, we will purchase all the materials for your product and expedite your order.
Of course this will be in as timely a manner as humanly possible and we will keep you informed of what is going on. Please be patient while this process is going on, we try extremely hard to keep on top of this but the freight companies also try extremely hard not to pay the claims. We don’t mind taking the burden off the customer and dealing with this issue for you, but please keep in mind we do this as a courtesy, so be patient, we want to get you your rack or cage to you as much as you want us to but our hands are tied until we get them to work with us.
***If the directions above are not followed precisely, we cannot be held liable for any damages.***
We’ve been shipping cages and racks for over 15 years and have only recently had a couple of issues, but this lets our customers know the process and what will happen should damage occur. Again we will do the legwork for you and expedite the replacement of the order, but you need to be patient, sometimes the process isn’t as quick as we would like, but we will do our best. Our schedule is usually booked and we don’t have “extra” time scheduled for “redos”, so when something happens we will fit you in, but again it takes time.
PLEASE DO NOT TEXT, WE WILL NOT REPLY TO ANY TEXTS!
The best and fastest way to get a response is always by telephone: 603-475-3060
Business hours are from 9 AM – 9 PM EST